If you want a taste of what a rewrite will look like, you can select this sample option and have the first 2,000 words of your manuscript rewritten. (This does not include critiquing or tutoring you as to why I am making the changes I am making. If you want more of a tutoring session in writing, please choose the Premier Critique Service or Complete Manuscript Critique. Nor does this service include copy-editing. For that, you will need a proofreading service.)
Contact Me to arrange this service as I must evaluate a sample of your manuscript before accepting the job.
Check List For Submission
- Pen a cover letter and tell me a little about yourself. What is your age? What is your favorite genre to read? What is your favorite genre to write in? How many books have you written? This cover letter will be included into a single document with your submission, and all should be double-spaced. This applies to the chapter-by-chapter outline, as well.
- Use Times New Roman 12-point font.
- Margins should be one inch all around.
- Use the Header feature to put your last name and book title in the upper left corner of every page. Insert page numbers in the upper right corner.
- Files must be in Word (.doc or .docx) format only.
- Make sure to send a title page (title and author name) along with the manuscript. Do NOT include acknowledgments, copyright page, dedication page, note from author, bibliography, or any other additional pages of material. However, you may like to have your Foreword, Introduction, or Afterword critiqued. If so, please include them.
- Put your cover letter, manuscript, and chapter-by-chapter outline (when applicable) all in one double-spaced document.
- But wait! Before you press that Send button, have you done your absolute best at providing the last-best-effort copy of your submission? If the answer is yes, send away, and welcome to a whole new level of writing.