Check List For Submission
- Pen a cover letter and tell me a little about yourself. What is your age? What is your favorite genre to read? What is your favorite genre to write in? How many books have you written? This cover letter will be included into a single document with your submission, and all should be double-spaced. This applies to the chapter-by-chapter outline, as well.
- Use Times New Roman 12-point font.
- Margins should be one inch all around.
- Remove all automatic paragraph spacing so that there are no spaces between paragraphs.
- Use the Header feature to put your last name and book title in the upper left corner of every page. Insert page numbers in the upper right corner.
- Files must be in Word (.doc or .docx) format only.
- Make sure to send a title page (title and author name) along with the manuscript. Do NOT include acknowledgments, copyright page, dedication page, note from author, bibliography, or any other additional pages of material. However, you may like to have your Foreword, Introduction, or Afterword critiqued. If so, please include them.
- All chapters should begin at the top of the page, with no spacing. (You don’t want to pay full price for all that space.)
- Put your cover letter, manuscript, and chapter-by-chapter outline (when applicable) all in one double-spaced document.
- But wait! Before you press that Send button, have you done your absolute best at providing the last-best-effort copy of your submission? If the answer is yes, send away, and welcome to a whole new level of writing.
Having Trouble? Contact Me