Terms & Conditions
- You are guaranteed up to 2 emails (2 sent by you) for questions or discussion – to ensure that you understand my critiquing suggestions. Use Word Track Changes to write questions directly on my report, and please use a contrasting color when you do, so that I can more easily identify them. You have seven days to respond with your questions. You understand that the listed prices do not include a critique on your rewrite, and you understand that I will not evaluate any rewrite you send unless you have purchased a whole separate service again. Your two follow-up emails are to provide clarity only regarding what I have written in the report I submit to you, and they are not to be used to garner a new critique of anything you rewrite.
- If you need a revision re-evaluated, you will need to resubmit it as a new book and pay for the critique service again. I will be reassessing it as a completely new book, the way a publisher would, and spending the same amount of time working on the critique as I did for the original.
- After you make your payment, I will contact you to let you know approximately how long it will take to finish the critique. No cancellations will be accepted once you have paid me and I have begun working on your manuscript. (Manuscript assessment is very intense and time-consuming and I have to turn away other work in order to do your critique.)
- I can’t guarantee that your manuscript will be accepted by an agent or editor, or that it will sell well if you self-publish. Success in the book publishing field requires persistence and marketing. But your best chance of selling your book is to first write a great book. In any case, I will give you the underpinnings to help you achieve your writing goals.
- The comments I make in reports and emails are for teaching purposes. Do not use, extract or quote my words for any reason other than your own personal use. Do not use my words as endorsements, publicity or blurb comments for the finished book. They are to be used for your personal journey in writing, not as a recommendation to readers.
- You understand that my services are non-refundable.
- Your book ideas are confidential and I will not share them with anyone. I will also never copy them. I have been working in the writing field since I was fifteen years old, and I have plenty of back-log of ideas of my own for novels. Any similarities between the work you show me and what I produce in the future are pure coincidence, and by submitting your work to me you agree that this is the case. In using this site and my services, you (the Author or End User) will indemnify and hold A Novel Coach and its licensees, successors and assigns, and their distributors, customers, officers, directors, members, employees and agents, harmless against any expense (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements) or judgment, settlement or other liability arising out of any claim or legal proceeding asserting claims contrary to any warranty or representation made by You in this Agreement.
- The content of any published manuscript is your responsibility. I am not responsible for any persons who are defamed or otherwise injured in any way as a result of the content of your book, as the content was supplied by you. Please be careful with any facts you assert, and any events and people you include.
I look forward to helping you create a great tome!